The 1st, or Muladhara chakra at the base of the spine, represents the earth element and the color red. Its positive attributes are steadfastness, loyalty, perseverance, and embracing what is true. The nature of the 1st chakra can be summed up in the following flower essences:
Spinach Essence for simplicity, guilelessness, and straightforwardness. The 1st is the simplest of all 7 chakras, with its childlike yet deep connection to Nature and a functional, nurtured, secure “child-within” vibe.
Strawberry Essence for its roots in dignity and grounding in the earth and its fixity of purpose.
Tomato Essence for its firm, steadfast nature that can be still, enduring, strong, and courageous, with a joyful, warrior-like will power.
~ Essence Enhancer ~
Affirmation: I am steadfast, determined, unshakably loyal to truth. I endure all things with calm faith in God.
Meditation on the First Chakra: Earth Element
Try meditating on the earth element. Sit upright and close your eyes. Hold your body very still. Feel that you are a rock – absolutely immovable, stable, and firm.
Feel the weight of your body pressing down into the chair, the floor, the earth, boulder, or whatever youre sitting on. The weight of gravity pulls you so firmly to the earth that you couldnt move if you tried. Now turn that consciousness of firmness, of physical solidity, into determination and fixity of purpose. Consciously draw these feelings and attitudes into yourself.
Repeat mentally several times: I am steadfast, determined, unshakably loyal to truth. I endure all things with calm faith in God.
As you continue to meditate, dont allow a single muscle to move.
Concentrate in the coccyx center as you look upward toward the point between the eyebrows. Mentally chant AUM (pronounced Om) at that chakra and direct its energy upward to the spiritual eye. Inhale and lift your consciousness and focus it at the point between the eyebrows.
Chakra Challenge Journaling for the 1st Chakra’s Earth Element:
1. Who am I really? Write 10 or more phrases or sentences to describe you and your basic personality. Example: 1.) I am a woman. 2.) I live in Delhi. 3.) I am a teacher. 4.) I love nature. 5.) I am easy to get along with…and so on.
2. What do I lack in life? Am I open to grow and change, or am I stuck in my ways?
3. What are my major goals in this life? List 5. Of these five which is most important. What bad habits are keeping me from accomplishing that goal? What can I do to get unstuck from those bad habits?
4. What do I fear? Do I have courage? How do I show it? How can I develop inner strength and courage?
5. To what or whom am I loyal? List people or things as they come to your mind and then go back and number them in order of importance to you.
6. The first chakra is where we experience being grounded, having a good solid foundation for our lives. Do I have this quality in my life? How do I feel when I am uncentered or ungrounded? What can I do to become more grounded or centered as needed?
7. How do I experience and relate to the earth element within me?
8. What insights have I gained on the 1st Chakra Blend, especially during the first 3 days?
9. Now set aside all thoughts of what you have read or heard about this chakra. Close your eyes and meditate on the 1st chakra for at least 5 minutes. What does it look like to you – shapes, colors, forms, symbols? How does it smell, taste, sound, and feel? Draw a picture or make a simple abstract diagram of what you saw or felt in your meditation. Write a poem or a few lines of verse or prose to go with this chakra. What music do you know that would give the feeling of this chakra, either your own musical composition or someone else’s?
Testimonials for the Flower Essences
My husband, myself and my 2 children have been using the flower essences for the last 4 months and I feel they have really addressed and dealt with problems that we knew and many we didn’t know of. The essences are very powerful and deeply spiritual in nature. My family started with orange and strawberry flower essence and within a week of taking them we are felt uplifted and with a deeper and higher energy and free from a many issues. Since then we have taken many different ones as had been indicated by the test and each time the essence prescribed has been exactly what was needed to fix the problem at that point in time. For us the essences have opened a new, deep, and very powerful door allowing us to improve ourselves and evolve. I deeply recommend everyone should take them. ~ S.P., New Delhi
Lettuce: This one flower remedy handles many many issues of persons with autism such as – restlessness, repetitive behaviours, hyperactivity, disturbed or delayed sleep, aggression to name a few. Seen definitive results in the kids. They are much more calmer with the remedy, having good sleep at night and communicating their needs. Its one WOW remedy for persons with autism. ~ Deepak Verma, Transformation (Organization for children with special needs), New Delhi
I was going through a ‘big’ situation of change of work, from working in a comfortable job as a Head of Finance in a large multinational company, to deciding to start my entrepreneurship in the area that really attracted me of people development as a trainer and life coach. I was badly ‘caught’ in the test, as it felt like a very confusing change to me. My mind was mostly puzzled, unclear and I really didn’t know if I was even thinking right! The only thing I was sure of then, was that I needed to somehow put all my energies in trying to do what felt right, even if it was very difficult. It was the tomato flower essence that provided that extra Mental Strength and ability to Endure with a deep sense of patience and calmness. With endurance came also the ability to Focus and I found my-self changing almost immediately and started to view ‘difficulties’ on the way, as ‘opportunities’! ~ Dipti Bhatia, Gurgaon
I am a homeopathic practitioner since 18 years. I have gone through the book The Essential Flower Essence Handbook. After my in-depth studies, I prescribed more than 100 essences to my patients, especially on their mood and nature. I used Avocado Essence for memory and concentration in school children and observed their results are improving from their next test only. I used Cherry Essence for cheerfulness and Pineapple for confidence. In the next follow up patients reported that they feel improvement as soon as they took the first drop. Many patients have started reading The Essential Flower Essences Handbook and want to know more about the essences for their use and help others also. ~ Dr. Ketan Shah, MD (Homeopath), Ahmedabad
I have two sons, both are very active children. My elder son is diagnosed with ADHD (mild). I get overworked due to many personal reasons and i tend to loose my peace and sense of balance. I have been working very hard with my elder one, but now seems to loose my patience. One day on some refernce i contacted Dipti ji and she adviced Tomato and Spinach essences for me. This worked very well, specially Spinach essence. I am trying Avocado essence for my child now. ~ R.S.
Jena came from North East and joined me as assistant sales executive in my office. First week went off well. The second week I found her disturbed and most distracted. Turned out she had lost her mother some time back and she was missing her that day. And all in all she was demotivated to concentrate on work. Corn Essence was handy. One dose under the tongue and 20 minutes later Jena was sitting in front of me asking me how to deal with a certain difficult customer! ~ Kamini, Bangalore