The 2nd, or Swadisthana chakra located in the area near the sexual organs. Color is warm orange and expresses the element of water with its message of flexibility and fluid movement toward non-attachment. The qualities of the 2nd chakra are exemplified in these flower essences:
Almond Essence for its moral vigor or integrity, self control or moderation in all activities and thoughts, and it’s interiorized yet strong flow of energy.
Blackberry Essence for innocent purity of thought in transitioning from the simplicity of the 1st chakra, and sense of honor, seeing the best in others, and intuitive perception, as well as an awareness of higher realities.
Fig Essence for a water-like flexibility to “go with the flow” which also implies relaxed self-acceptance, and for a sense of humor.
~ Essence Enhancer ~
Affirmation: Affirm mentally, with a sense of deep inner peace and freedom
I flow ever freely with the tides of grace.
Meditation on the Second Chakra: Water Element
First, center your consciousness about an inch and a half above the base of the spine. Mentally chant AUM at that chakra. Look up at the point between the eyebrows. Feel the energy of the second chakra being directed upwards, toward that point.
Imagine yourself standing up to your neck in a river. Feel the water on your body. Let your body melt into the river as though it were made of sand. The river gently flows around you. Whatever comes, let it come. Whatever passes by you, let it pass. You are free. You own nothing; you are owned by nothing. You own no one; no one owns you. Offer everything that you own into that flow, and let it be taken away. Be free and complete in yourself.
Chakra Challenge Journaling for the 2nd Chakra’s Water Element
1. The 2nd chakra is very intuitive and creative. What is my understanding of what intuition is? Do I feel I use mine often, and if so, in what ways do I use it?
2. What does creativity mean to me? How do I evaluate my own level of creativity? Do I feel stifled with too few opportunities to be creative? How can I change that?
3. Am I able to flow with life’s changes? Or am I too wishy-washy, easily swayed by other’s opinions, unable to make and/or stick by my decisions? What can I do to change my attitudes in this area?
4. How do I feel about sexuality and spirituality in myself and in others?
5. Do my first and second chakras work well with each other? That is, am I able to remain loyal to truth as I perceive it, and still able to be as flexible or open-minded as needed, especially in new or unknown situations? What do I need to work on, to find balance between these 2 chakras?
6. How do I experience and relate to the water element within me?
7. What insights have I gained on the 2st Chakra Blend, especially during the first 3 days?
8. Now set aside all thoughts of what you have read or heard about this chakra. Close your eyes and meditate on the 2nd chakra for at least 5 minutes. What does it look like to you – shapes, colors, forms, symbols? What does it smell like, taste like, sound like, feel like? Draw a picture or make a simple abstract diagram of what you saw or felt in your meditation. Write a poem or a few lines of verse or prose to go with this chakra. What music or chant do you know that would give the feeling of this chakra, either your own musical composition or someone else’s?